Monday, December 22, 2008

this is not a memoir.

so everyone is on Christmas leave. i didn't take Christmas leave for two reasons: my parents live little more than an hour away from camp pendleton, so it's not like i need to take a vacation to go home. secondly, i'm leaving for okinawa in january, so i figured i'd save my leave days for when i'm there and actually need them. albeit, once i get to okinawa it's going to be an endless barrage of deployments to afghanistan, the phlippines, and everywhere else that lies in the vicinity of the goddamn asian continent, but hey, it's still nice to know that those 2.5 days a month could come in handy. [as i write this i am finding a frustrating problem in that my D key is fucking up, and also my thumb keeps hitting the goddamned mousepad and putting the cursor somewhere else.]

i digress.

everyone is gone, and the barracks are strangely quiet. there is no loud, annoying thumping rap music coming from the second deck, no drunken revelry in the barbeque pit. just me in my cold room with no heater, still in cammies and half way through my fourth beer. pathetic, right? hah, whatever, i'm cool enough to drink by myself and enjoy it. i have the activity pit, twitter, facebook, and FOX news to keep me company. kind of. fuck it, it just irks me that i had to come in today and tomorrow for a half day before i can just go on my 96 hour Christmas liberty... if i'm going to sit around and drink, i could at least do it from a barstool.

it's almost time for redeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment